Thursday, July 26, 2012

Accidentally Minimize the Ribbon in Microsoft Office? Here’s How to Restore It

Microsoft Office 2010I’m not exactly sure how I managed to do it, but at some point the preference to ‘Minimize the Ribbon’ in Microsoft Office 2010 became enabled.

Having the Ribbon jump to-and-from view whenever I moved my mouse to the top of the Office window was driving me downright crazy, so I had to change the setting back.

Should this happen to you, here’s how you can get the Ribbon to remain visible without having to hover near the top of your Office 2010 window:

Method 1:

  1. Press Ctrl + F1


Method 2:


  1. Hover your mouse at the top of Office to trigger the Ribbon to show and right-click.

  2. Click on the ‘Minimize the Ribbon’ option.


There you have it, folks. Enjoy a visible Ribbon once more!

Don’t miss out on the latest tech news and computer security alerts! Follow us on Twitter at @hyphenet, “Like” us on Facebook or add us to your circle on Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment